Healthy teeth make for a happier, healthier you
Good dental health may be more important to us than we ever realised. We have known for many years that good gum health is necessary for us to keep our teeth for life. But we now believe there may be even more to good gum health, as studies increasingly reveal links between gum health and heart health, diabetes and other inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, Alzheimer’s, lung disease and some cancers.
We encourage all patients to see the hygienist, some more than others. Our services include everything from a deep clean and polish if you have healthy gums and no plaque, to treating and managing periodontal (gum) disease.
- We regularly assess your gum health and your homecare routines
- Our hygienists remove hard bacterial plaque from all surfaces of your teeth
- We provide support on all the advanced skills, tools and techniques you can use to effectively remove plaque every day
- We ensure you are in great gum and dental health, and at less risk of future dental treatment
- Our dental hygiene care aims to help keep your body healthy too
Thorough hygiene therapy
Our hygienists are specially trained in looking after the health of your teeth and gums and provide thorough 30-minute appointments to ensure they are squeaky clean. Hygienists are educated alongside dentists for most of their training and are best placed to provide deep and thorough cleaning of the teeth and gums to prevent gum disease and decay. They also provide valuable oral health education and advice.
We now offer Direct Access to our Hygienists.
How does direct access work?
Since a change in regulations on 2013 Dental Hygienists are now permitted to treat patients without prior examination by a dentist. This means we can welcome patients who only want to see a hygienist without having to register with one of our dentists. If our hygienists identify any areas of concern, or feel that you could benefit from a visit to see a dentist you will be advised.